The Modesto Teachers Association has available funds to support programs for our schools NOT normally funded by Modesto City Schools.
Site Representative Meetings
2022-23 RA Meetings
You are not required to be a Site Representative to attend a RA meeting.
- Time: 4:00 PM
- Place: Downey High Room 1 and virtual via Zoom
- R.A. Meetings will generally be the first Wednesday of the month, with a few noted exceptions (*).
September 7 October 5 November 2 December 7 January 11* February 1 March 1 April 5
- May 3
All MCS Certificated Employees are welcome to attend our monthly RA meetings.
MTA Rep Stipend Guidelines 2022-23
Please visit the MTA Representatives on the various stipend levels and guidelines.
2023 Health MCS Programs
Modesto City Schools
- MCS 2023 Medical Contribution will be $800 (currently $700).
- MCS 2023 Benefits Guide
MTA Medical Benefits Trust Fund
The purpose of the MTA Medical Benefits Trust Fund (MBTF) is to provide supplemental funds for MTA retirees’ health care premiums from the time of their retirement until they become Medicare eligible.
Effective July 1, 2022, eligible retirees receive $525 per month* to supplement their health care premiums until they reach age 65.
- Retiree must have 15 years (FTE) of full-time employment in Modesto City Schools, with at least the final three years as a member of the MTA bargaining unit.
- Retiree must be at least 55 years old at the time of retirement.
- Retiree must have District health coverage at the time of retirement.
*Note: Some other conditions m
To be eligible for cash-in-lieu, employees must provide proof of coverage of other minimum essential coverage. Employees hired after 7/1/2020 are not eligible for cash-in-lieu (see acceptable proof).
In order to receive cash-in-lieu payment effective January 1, 2023, the completed form and proof of coverage must be submitted online via Informed K12 by October 31, 2022. There will be no retroactive payment for late submissions.
You must be logged in to post a comment.