What does a collaboration meeting entail?
Collaboration agendas shall be mutually agreed upon between the site administration and the Site Leadership Team. These agendas shall be responsive to the needs of the students and focus on improving student achievement [Article IV.C.1-9]. The following four (4) questions will guide collaboration:
- What do we want students to learn?
- How will we know they are learning?
- How will we respond when they don’t learn?
- How will we respond if they already know it?
What is the responsibility of a Leadership Team Member?
The responsibility of a Leadership Team Member is the following:
- lead a team of grade level teachers, instructional team and/or department.
- Actively participate in site leadership.
- Facilitate the review of student performance data and develop plans to increase student learning.
- Assist with orientation of new teachers.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with grade level team and assist with development of the Professional Learning Community (PLC).
The mutally agreed upon collaborative agendas and their details should be communicated to all stakeholders in a site’s professional learning community.
This website is designed to present general information to MTA members; it should not be considered legal advice. While the publisher(s) will try to keep the information timely and accurate, there are no guarantees. The information made available is subject to change without notice. The user assumes the risk of verifying any materials used or relied upon.